A Cash Buyer vs. A Realtor
We get a lot of calls from sellers who are looking to sell their house fast, asking how a we at We Buy Houses Edmonton are different than an a realtor. Typically, a seller looking to sell their house fast with no commissions. Let’s break it down so you can see which option is right for you.
When it comes to selling your house, there are two main options: using a realtor or selling to a cash buyer (like us!). Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and it’s important to understand the difference between them when making your decision to sell your house fast.
Realtors are licensed professionals who help sellers market their properties to potential buyers. They are experienced in pricing properties, preparing them for sale, and negotiating offers.
Pros of using a realtor:
- Realtors have access to a large range of potential buyers through their networks, marketing mediums, and online listings.
- Expertise in pricing your property competitively and market it effectively to attract potential buyers, which means cleaning out the house and stagging it so buyers can picture themselves living in the home.
- Negotiating offers with potential buyers, ensuring you get the best possible deal for your edmonton property.
Cons of using a realtor:
- It can be a lengthy process selling your house through a realtor – multiple showings, negotiations, issues with inspections, lost offers etc…
- Commission fees can range from 5% to 7% of the sale price. If you don’t get the price you want, after it being on the market and going through all those showing you may end up with less money than you thought from the sale.
Selling to a cash buyer (like We Buy Houses Edmonton), offers a quick and easy process, especially if you’re stressed, overwhelmed and need to sell it fast. Here are some pros and cons of selling to a cash buyer:
Pros of selling to a cash buyer:
- Quick and easy sale. Selling to a cash buyer means you can close quickly and get fast cash in your hand before you know it.
- Don’t have to wait for bank approvals, faster closing dates.
- No need to spend the hours preparing the home for endless amount of showings.
- No need for repairs or renovations when selling to a cash buyer. We buy houses as-is, meaning you don’t have to make any repairs or stagging it in preparation to sell your house. We often have sellers leave the majority of their belongings and let us take care of it for them, as that in itself can be overwhelming when you just want to move on.
- No commission fees. Cash buyers do not charge commission fees, which means you get the agreed upon price for your house.
Cons of selling to a cash buyer:
- Cash buyers offer less than market value for your house because they are taking the risk of purchasing your Edmonton property fast with no delays.
- Only One Offer – When listing your house with a realtor, you can get multiple offers (if your home is staged properly for the market), but with a cash buyer you only get the one offer.
As we can see, A Cash Buyer vs. A Realtor have their own pros and cons and depending on your situation you need to choose what works best for you.
If you’re looking to sell your house fast because of financial problems, your house has become too much or you are behind on payments, a cash buyer outweighs the pros of using a realtor. Selling to a cash buyer offers a quick and easy way to sell your house fast without the need for repairs or any work on your part. You can literally just walk away. While the sale price may be lower than what you could get through a traditional sale, the process is geared towards helping you in your problem situation.
In the end, the decision is yours. If you’re overwhelmed with your house, behind on payments and need to sell it fast, a cash buyer may be the best option for you. Give us a call at 780-483-2006 or contact us via our online form and we will contact you shortly.